mercy bell one of these nights about twelve o'clock this old world is gonna rock
music
/ wendy and bells/ blog
brooklyn, ny

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

All Points Mud

My good friend and Coldplay Oxfam Tour roadie Soha Yassine (read her tour blog here and an interview with her here) insisted All Points West would be a hoot, and there was a field pass for me if I helped volunteer (best activist gig out there folks!).

So on the muddiest day of life since I was 10 years old making what I thought were adobe mud bricks in San Diego, I went. The festival was shut to the public up until late afternoon, and for all those hours in between we abandoned all hope of shoes, came to terms with the questionable smell of everything, and eventually all roadies, vendors, exhibit table, techies, etc, mingled like we were some weird island from Lost.
Out of sheer chattiness we got free Swedish Fish smoothies, free Twix, and eventually Soha and Mr. Extrawack show up with snatched food from the Coldplay craft service table and fruit. Food was a weird issue that day.

Cheers to all the Oxfam volunteers, who got a lot of signatures, calls, and letters for the Climate Change bill.




No comments: